from About NARTH
What We Offer
NARTH's primary goal is to make effective psychological therapy available
to all homosexual men and women who seek change. Furthermore, we wish to
open for public discussion all issues relating to homosexuality.
NARTH wants to build an atmosphere which allows an honest
debate--balancing the one-sided distortion which has characterized the
To achieve these goals, NARTH's ongoing projects and services include:
- An international referral service of licensed therapists offering
sexual reorientation treatment in the United States, Canada, Europe,
- A worldwide survey of homosexuals who
- Review of scientific studies documenting
the psychological factors associated with
a gay lifestyle.
- Review of the psychological literature documenting treatment success.
- Lectures by respected mental-health professionals.
- Scholarly publications and literature for the
- Literature distribution into college, high school,
and community libraries.
- Distribution of NARTH's own pamphlet, "All the Facts." NARTH's
pamphlet is a response to "Just the Facts," a publication sent to all
14,700 school superintendents in the country to warn them not to inform
students about the availability of ex-gay ministries and sexual
- Promotion of teen awareness that homosexual attractions do not
necessarily make one a homosexual. Many a teen goes through
temporary episodes of idealization of same-sex peers; led to
believe he is gay, such a young person may later find
himself trapped in an unwanted---and even life
threatening---sexual habit pattern.
- The public must be made aware that some homosexual people do seek
and achieve change. The change is neither quick nor easy, but many
believe---as we do---that the goal is a worthy one.